Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Call the police: that is what the Pope should have said – by Ken Macdonald – TIMES ONLINE


It is typical of Benedict XVI that he should blame child abuse on ‘social change’, not the Church itself

When I was a child, my mother took me every Wednesday evening to Benediction where, we believed, the body of Christ was revealed. On Saturdays, my family went to confession and every Sunday morning, without fail, we attended Mass. If you asked my mother who and what she was, she would say “a Catholic” before she said “Scottish” or, even less likely, “British”. She believed that the Church of Rome was God’s own glory on Earth. Photo 

When I was 11, my parents sent me to a Christian Brothers boarding school. The Brothers were not priests but, even without the significant compensations of priestly rites and privileges, they had dedicated themselves to a life of celibacy, 30 or 40 years without the comfort of touch. We boys knew which of them couldn’t handle it, and we all knew why, from time to time, one or another moved stealthily on to a different school. It wasn’t a secret to us, even if it was to their Church. Read complete articleby Ken Macdonald – TIMES ONLINE

Kids Are being Hurt!!!

No comments: