- Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
- Papa Francisco
- Obama ‘Hugely Impressed’ by Pope Francis - 10/2/13
- The Pope: how the Church will change - La Repubblica -10/1/13
- Secretive Vatican Bank Publishes First-Ever Financial Accounts - 10/1/13
- Pope Francis - Criticizes ‘Narcissistic’ leaders of Catholic church – 10/1/13
- “I am a Catholic. I believe in God deeply... A kiss is a gesture of love, of tenderness between human beings...no one can find blasphemy or sacrilege.” 9/29/13
- Pope Francis - A Big Heart Open to God – exclusive interview – 9/19/13
- Gay Catholic Priest (3a) - Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - Appealing his case – to Pope Francis - 8/15/13
- Thalamus Center - Key subject links on: Early Childhood Psychological Development Growing up Gay
- Thalamus Center - Previous posted news media links: Pope Francis - President Obama - Gay Marriage - - - May 2013 - October 2013
- “The fact is that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, that my friends, that is true perversion!” Harvey Milk
- Pope Francis - criticized the church obsessed putting dogma before LOVE - over serving the poor and marginalized – 9/19/13
- Pope Francis Accepts Gay Priests - 2013 - - & - - Benedict XVI Bans Gay Priests - 2005
- Pope Francis’s … ‘sympathetic’ remarks signal a more pastoral tone on gays in general, if not a change in church doctrine on homosexuality… Bishop David Walkowiak of Grand Rapids, Michigan – 7/31/13
- Pope Francis replaces much-criticized top Vatican aide - Bertone – 8/31/13
- Benedict XVI names - Bertone secretary of state - 6/23/06
- (1) Pope Francis - … GOSSIP – “...how many times our COMMUNITIES, even our FAMILIES have become a hell in which we CRIMINALLY KILL our brother with words”. – 9/2/13
- (2) Cardinal Bertone – Benedict XVI must share blame Vatican scandals – Deadly GOSSIP – 9/3/13
- More: Cardinal Bertone – only following orders - implicating Benedict XVI for mistakes made on his watch – 9/2/13
- (3) Cardinal Bertone - "Boffo method" CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS – defamation of character, falsifying legal document – Calling Boffo a "known homosexual" was a fake – 6/1/12
- (4) Ratzinger/Benedict XVI - “CASTING ASPERSIONS” Hunthausen & Kurylowicz – 2/10/13
- Pope Francis: Jesus has for every Christian - a promise, request and mission - all linked to prayer – 9/5/13
- Benedict XVI & Bertone - 'obstructed' sex abuse inquiry – 4/24/05
- President Obama - “Let Freedom Ring" - 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington – 8/28/13
- “I Have a Dream” - Martin Luther King, Jr. Address at the March on Washington, D.C. August 28, 1963
- Pope Francis epitomizes a true ‘Servant Leader,’ led by his desire to bring hope, equality and opportunity to those who have little, and to role model the mercy, love, compassion and courage of the Man whose church he leads… Margie Warrell – 8/28/13
- Pope Francis called for action - forming Vatican Conference of experts - to combat Human Trafficking & modern forms of Slavery – 8/23/13
- More on: Pope Francis Human Trafficking Conference
- A Revolution Underway with Pope Francis - Accountability, Whistle-blowers, Political Center, Break Monopoly, Collecting his own Information and Making his own Decisions… - 8/5/13
- Pope Francis & Gay Priests - Vatican resignation Bishop Bakot - staunch opposition to gays - 8/7/13
- Pope Francis - “wielded his formidable bully pulpit” - Never before had a pope spoken out in defense of gay priests in the Catholic ministry - 7/29/13
- Benedict XVI - “Impending Rules on Gay Priests Create Catholic Divide” - Fr Marty Kurylowicz - October 8, 2005
- Gay Catholic Priest - Appealing his case – Fr. Marty Kurylowicz – to Pope Francis – July 28, 2013
- Pope Francis – Reveals Vatican’s Corruption – 6/13/13
- Gay Catholic Priest – Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - Charged by the Vatican for “Coming Out” March 1997 - For the Protection of Children – 15 years later & President Obama’s letter of appreciation - July 2012 - Letter 5/1/13
- Pope Francis & the Mafia - 5/26/13
- Ricky Martin Foundation
- J.K. ROWLING – Harvard University – “The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination” – 6/5/08
- STRUCTURAL VIOLENCE and CHILDREN --- “Don’t Make WAVES” --- Benedict XVI and Curia’s Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups and Gay Obsession - 5/15/13
- Pope Francis made WAVES - New Pluralism - 5/29/13
- Pope Francis - 1st Global Pope - Inclusiveness - Atheists "precious allies" - Sharp Contrast from Past - 5/29/13
- Pope Francis calls for global economic reform - 5/28/13
- Biden & Obama Protecting HUMAN RIGHTS - TYRANNY in Religion - Pope Francis Seeks Reform – 5/14/13
- Pope Francis - Blasts "Cult of Money" That TYRANNIZES Poor - 5/16/13
- Ricky Martin apoya derechos LGBT en Puerto Rico - 14 may 2013
- SEXUAL ORIENTATION and LOVE
- Childhood and Early Homosexual Identity
- 3 Psychological Facts About Growing Up Gay
- Fr. Marty Kurylowicz "Coming out" story --- Alive!
- Coming Out 1997 - Protecting Children
- DO I REJECT MY GAY BROTHER? - Bishop Gumbleton PBS 1999 - 5/28/13
- Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - LGBT Rights Begins with Children - 5/10/13
- Gay 1990s - Pope John Paul II and Homosexuals - 4/26/13
- Gay Marriage Hurts No One!!! - UK PM David Cameron - Importance of Families |The Lack of Love & Support of Children is ‘DAMAGE to Family’ - i.e. BENEDICT XVI --- 30 years of GLOBAL Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups | Profile - SOCIOPATHS - 1/2/13
- GROUPTHINK & Benedict XVI/Curia - 30 yrs
- Dangerous Homosexual Repression - Hoover and Benedict XVI - 12/5/12
- Auschwitz -- Christmas 2008
- Benedict XVI’s Gay Obsession
- Sexual Repression and Pornography - Vatican's Ongoing Gay Sex Scandals - 3/17/13
- GAY MARRIAGE - 8 Part series
- Obama - ‘Changed Everything‘ Supporting Gay Marriage - 5/9/13 | Thank you, Mr. President and Mr. Vice President !!!
- Benedict XVI, Cardinals & Bishops Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups - 30 years
- THALAMUS CENTER – Previous Posted - News Media Links & Research Topics – January 2012 – October 5, 2013.
Friday, April 30, 2010
“Benedict XVI Could Take A Big Step Toward Greater Transparency By Appointing An INDEPENDENT COMMISSION With No Ties To The Vatican…” - The Hartford Courant
The Hartford Courant
April 30, 2010
Revelations about Catholic priests sexually abusing children have become depressingly common. The church's response too often has been to conceal this criminal activity and quietly move priests to new assignments, where the sexual assaults often continued.
…In recent months, several bishops have resigned, including two who admitted they sexually abused children years ago. That housecleaning was long overdue and should continue.
For more than two decades, the Catholic Church has grappled with a series of clergy sexual abuse scandals and lawsuits. The cases have cost an estimated $2 billion in settlements and have shaken the faith of many of the church's members. Still more have expressed outrage with the church leadership, which has responded by making significant changes in its disciplinary procedures, and often by calling the attention to the cases an attack on the church.
As the sexual abuse crisis continues to unfold, it is clear the issue is more than a passing storm. The church is undergoing nothing less than an epochal shift: It pits those who hold fast to a more traditional idea of protecting bishops and priests above all against those who call for more openness and accountability. The battle lines are drawn between the church and society at large, which clearly clamors for accountability, and also inside the church itself. Read more – The New York Times
THE paedophile priests scandal shredding the Catholic Church’s reputation worldwide has been especially savage in Latin America, where half the religion’s faithful live.
Ecclesiastical authorities from the region have either been begging for forgiveness as they tried to reassure their nervous flock – or echoing the Holy See’s line that the Catholic Church was being persecuted by some mysterious forces. Photo
Colombian cardinal Dario Castrillon,… “It is a shame there are such idiots working up this type of persecution,” he added, in comments from Rome to Radio RCN in Bogota.
Hurricane Katrina - Nancy Pelosi - Washington, DC – 2005 & Accountability Benedict XVI Child Sexual Abuse
was one of the strongest storms to impact the coast of the United States during the last 100 years. With sustained winds during landfall of 125 mph (110 kts) (a strong category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale) and minimum central pressure the third lowest on record at landfall (920 mb), Katrina caused widespread devastation along the central Gulf Coast states of the US. Cities such as New Orleans, LA, Mobile, AL, and Gulfport, MS bore the brunt of Katrina's force and will need weeks and months of recovery efforts to restore normality.
Hurricane Season 2005: Katrina - Read more
"Oblivious, in denial, dangerous" USA Katrina 2005 - Nancy Pelosi
"No Oversight" - The Modus Operandi
Thursday, April 29, 2010
No “Checks and Balances or Accountability" Vatican -> WATERGATE and KATRINA (AGAIN)? Kids Are Being Hurt!!!
It is sad to state that the Vatican’s great defense in dealing with “cover-ups” is to allow time to past, lots of time, years and years, for people to forget. The Vatican is not accountable to anyone or any civil laws anywhere in the world, however, their accomplices are and have been prosecuted. It took the Vatican 400 years to apologize to Galileo for condemning him because he said the earth revolves around the sun. Photo
To Catholics, obviously
The Pope has urged Catholics to take up the internet - though he's rather generously suggested that the rest of us heathens shouldn't actually be booted out…
The Pope has been getting increasingly interested in technology, last year meeting with executives fromFacebook, Wikipedia and Google to discuss digital youth culture. Read more - TechEYE.net ---- Google logo ------Globe
"For what will it profit a man
he gains the whole world
forfeits his soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Kids Are Being Hurt!!!
…whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
You can fool some of the people all of the time,
all of the people some of the time,
you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
16th president of US (1809 - 1865) Photo
USA Hurricane Katrina
August 28, 2005
"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."
"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them."
Read more – September 7, 2005 – The New York Times
At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had "absolutely no credentials." (Related video)
She related that she had urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Michael Brown.
"He said 'Why would I do that?'" Pelosi said.
'"I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'"
"Oblivious, in denial, dangerous," she added.
November 2009 -Report by Commission of Investigation into the handling by Church and State authorities of allegations and suspicions of child abuse against clerics of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin. Read complete report->Report by Commission of Investigation into Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin
Pope Benedict condemns
over child sexual abuse scandal
Mark Tran and agencies – guardian.co.uk – Read more
J.K. Rowling - The Power of Human Empathy, Leading to Collective Action, Saves Lives, and Frees Prisoners
author of the best-selling
Harry Potter book series,
June 5, 2008
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Looking for Leadership in a Storm – Katrina - September 3, 2005 - by Linda Wertheimer – National Public Radio (NPR)
Katrina Hurricane USA
August 29, 2005
This has been a painful week for all Americans, this week of storms and floods and destruction. I'm sure that in every household in this country someone has gone to bed this week only to become totally awake with the words of displaced people echoing in their heads. I know there are people sitting down to dinner with family and friends who suddenly feel the beginnings of a bellyache, feeling irrationally guilty about a good dinner, not to mention taking out the trash, turning on the tap, flushing the toilet. Photo ---- Photo
Sending money to the Red Cross is important, and everyone ought to do it, but somehow this terrible situation has made us feel that we have to get off the sidelines and onto the field because somebody has to do it. I say that as a professional sidelines stander. For all the years that I've covered politics and a few floods and earthquakes, I've been very clear that my job was to show up and then tell our listeners what I'd seen and heard. It's an article of faith with me that I serve a useful purpose on the sidelines, and I've never been tempted to wade into a demonstration, grab a banner and start marching. I have never wanted to grab a politician by the back of his neck and try to shake some sense into him or her. Well, almost never. But four long days watching suffering people waiting has tested my resolve… Photo
national compassionate impulse to treat the victims of Hurricane Katrina as Americans want them to be treated...
Read more and Listen - Linda Wertheimer – National Public Radio (NPR) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4831405
WERTHEIMER: Yes. Usually we try to give a review of all the week's news in this segment, but the devastation from Hurricane Katrina has been so huge we thought we'd stick to that single subject today, and we need to look at both the human and the governmental aspects, because it's become truly a crisis at both levels. Let's start with the human side. Lives were disrupted; many died in Mississippi and Alabama, as well as in New Orleans. But it was in New Orleans where the most people have been affected. What struck you as you heard and read about it?
SCHORR: Well, of course, you are struck by the immensity of it and the tragedy of it, but there was one additional thing that struck me and that is a disaster is not an equal-opportunity thing. When they called for evacuation from New Orleans, those with cars drove out. Those without cars got stuck there. And those without cars were predominantly black and poor people. That struck me.
LINDA WERTHEIMER and DANIEL SCHORR - NPR - Read more & listen
The controversial Foreign Office memo about the Pope was the result of a brainstorm among junior staff. But how do you harvest the best creative ideas while keeping a check on the too outlandish? Photo
An abundance of marker pens, sticky notes and whiteboards in the office usually means one thing - it's time to brainstorm, to "think outside the box", let one's creative juices flow, join an "ideas shower".
In the neophiliac world of management jargon the concept of brainstorming has near elder statesman status.
A brainstorm is a session in which a small group of people is brought together to solve a problem by voicing spontaneous ideas. It doesn't matter how unusual or eccentric those ideas are - convention holds that dismissing a suggestion can stymie a group's creative dynamic. Photo
It's a rule that might explain the results of a leaked Foreign Office memo concerning the Pope's visit to the UK. Read more - By Rajini Vaidyanathan - BBC News Magazine
The Vatican is sorely misrepresenting the Catholic Church, and is effectively giving Catholics around the world an undeserved bad reputation. Photo
The mission, heart and faith behind the work and service of many Catholics have been repeatedly undermined in the wake of the ongoing abuse scandal. The failure of the Vatican to address the issues in a matter satisfactory to the victims of abuse has caused a near schism.
Still, Catholic churches persist in their work.
Father Luis A. Guido, a priest at San Bernardino’s Our Lady of the Assumption, told me that their different ministries to the community are numerous.
“We have a kitchen pantry. It's food for the poor,” Guido said, "At Sunday Mass we receive food from people who bring it. Every Mass we collect that and share it with those who come.” Read more - By Kati Smith – Coyote Chronicle
Kids Are Being Hurt!!!
Ratzinger & Vatican “They did as much as they had at each point in time given the public outcry, and no more.” Katrin Bennhold – The New York Times
By Katrin Bennhold – The New York Times
VIENNA — As Pope Benedict XVI has come under scrutiny for his handling of sexual abuse cases, both his supporters and his critics have paid fresh attention to the way he responded to a sexual abuse scandal in Austria in the 1990s, one of the most damaging to confront the church in Europe.
Defenders of Benedict cite his role in dealing with Cardinal Hans Hermann Groër of Vienna as evidence that he moved assertively, if quietly, against abusers. They point to the fact that Cardinal Groër left office six months after accusations against him of molesting boys first appeared in the Austrian news media in 1995. The future pope, they say, favored a full canonical investigation, only to be blocked by other ranking officials in the Vatican. Photo
A detailed look at the rise and fall of the clergyman, who died in 2003, and the involvement of Benedict, a Bavarian theologian with many connections to German-speaking Austria, paints a more complex picture.
Benedict, then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, had the ear of Pope John Paul II and was able to block a favored candidate for archbishop of Vienna, clearing the way for Father Groër to assume the post in 1986, say senior church officials and priests with knowledge of the process. His critics question how this influence failed him nine years later in seeking a fuller investigation into the case. Read more - By Katrin Bennhold – The New York Times
Kids Are Being Hurt!!!
Monday, April 26, 2010
“…the church must … end its campaign to block the weak and the vulnerable from receiving help to deal with the consequences of criminal sexual abuse.” By Lawrence Lessig – The New York Times
A Better Chance at Justice for Abuse Victims - By Lawrence Lessig – The New York Times
LAST week, Pope Benedict XVI told victims of sexual abuse by priests in Malta that the Catholic Church was doing all it could to investigate abuse accusations and find ways to safeguard children in the future. With the pope’s pledge, and the resignation in recent days of three European bishops involved in the sex abuse scandal, it might appear that the church is finally taking responsibility for failing to protect children against molesters for hundreds of years. Photo
But the church is not doing everything in its power to help victims. In fact, it is worsening the sins of the past by taking a leading role in preventing abused children from getting the compensation they need to help remedy past abuse. Read more - By Lawrence Lessig – The New York Times
Kids Are Being Hurt!!!
Catholic sex abuse scandal raising doubts for young German Catholics - By Robert Marquand – The Christian Science Monitor – CSMonitor
In Germany, the birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI, the priest sex abuse scandal has shaken many young Catholics' trust in the church, if not their faith. The man who initially inspired a new 'Benedict generation' is now seen as out of touch.
The Vatican today accepted an apology from the British Foreign Office for an internal “prank” memo written by a 23-year-old diplomat that satirized Pope Benedict XVI ahead of his UK visit. Photo
British Foreign Secretary David Milliband said he was “appalled” by the leaked spoof memo written by an Oxford graduate that caused a minor media storm by suggesting the Pope open abortion clinics and bless a gay marriage while in Britain.
But beyond such juvenalia and other late-night TV humor, the global pedophile priest scandal is causing disaffection among a young generation of Catholics.
With waning trust in church institutions and a turn toward “spirituality” among Catholic youth, many German Catholics under 30 have turned away from the pope. While saying they respect Benedict’s learning, young German Catholics don’t identify with Bavarian-born Benedict or with an institution seen as closed, hierarchical, and absolute. Read more - By Robert Marquand – The Christian Science Monitor – CSMonitor
Gay Catholic Priest "Coming out" 1997 - Covert Retaliation - Ratzinger, Hurley, Maida & Accomplices - Damaged Financial Situation - Car & Home & Careers - ENDA? Hate Crime? USA Prosecution? Fr. Marty Kurylowicz
I wrote to a colleague… my problem regarding my financial situation… I explain that –
“My problems began March 1997 - when I decided to come out to protect children who grow up gay. As the truth surrounding Benedict XVI child sexual abuse cover-ups began to unravel with the release of the Irish child sexual abuse investigation, December 2009 - his calculated systematic approach in handling the cover-ups and punishing any priest who broke the silence - helps to explain my situation. The above is all documented.
Dr. (another colleague) likened my situation to the 1944 movie “Gaslight” (causing a person to believe she is sick when she is not) growing up believing that homosexuality is evil, when it is not, like believing that it is the sun that revolves around the earth, when it does not (Galileo). My situation in the priesthood has a close resemblance to “The Firm” 1993 (surprised discovering that he is working for crooks). And then my “coming out” in March 1997 to protect children reminds me of the movie “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” 1975 (calling a halt to inhuman treatment) however, minus any criminal misconduct on my part. After my “coming out” the mistreatment by then Ratzinger, Hurly, Maida and accomplices (read more) seems like a mixture of “Enemy of the State” 1998 (attacking a person’s reputation to destroy his credibility), “The Firm” 1993, “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” 1975, and later in 2008 & 2009, a bit of the Martha Mitchell Effect. Unbelievable!
After, I came out to protect children 1997 - I was ordered by then Cardinal Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) to be sent away to be reeducated regarding sexual orientation, to subject myself to conversion, reparative therapy, not a lobotomy but close. I refused to consent to this inhuman treatment for the obvious clinical research data. And because I did so in retaliation I lost my regular priest salary, my earned sabbatical terms and my status for any future assignments in my Diocese of Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is clearly an extreme form of discrimination against me because of my sexual orientation, however, it borders closer to a crime of hate. And even though I am an upstanding citizen of the USA with no criminal record of any kind, I am not protected under any USA civil laws. The same is true for the children who grow up gay are not protected by any USA civil laws from the harmful influence of the Vatican's unsubstantiated antigay teachings the effects of which last throughout their lives.” …
“Coming Out” Blows the Cover of Benedict XVI’s Cover-ups
Contrary to the child sexual abuse cases reported in the news media, Benedict XVI, and the hierarchy’s decades of negligence in caring for children – a top priority for most priests and maybe especially true of gay priests is the protection of children. So, why are Ratzinger, Hurley, Maida and their accomplices attacking me?
I came out 1997 to draw attention to the severe lifetime psychological harm being done to children in early childhood who grows up gay being subjected to the influence of the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings. I did not realize that at the same time my coming out to protect children – I would also blow the cover for Benedict XVI and the hierarchy regarding their child sexual abuse cover-ups, which were going on secretly for decades. They were attempting to shift the blame for their negligence in failing to protect children under their care onto the issue of homosexuality. Parishioners supportive of gay priest, March 29, 1997, The Grand Rapids Press – read more
Sexual Orientation & The Age of Reason
The crucial point about the reality of sexual orientation is that it begins long before what the Vatican defines as the “age of reason” of a CHILD. Therefore, homosexuality cannot be considered evil, as something that is freely and willfully chosen intending to do evil, but instead it is a normal natural part of human development. The proven fact is that long before a CHILD reaches this “age of reason” a child’s only intent is to love and be loved – the process of the development of human bonding – as God meant it to be. Any harmful disruption in a child’s natural development stages of human bonding, like any other form of child abuse it will have lifelong harmful effects.
“Null and Void” - Vatican’s Unsubstantiated Antigay Teachings
This little piece of truth, a fact of human nature, like with Galileo, completely renders the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings “null and void.” Instead it reveals them as barbaric and inhuman treatment, a severe form of implicit child abuse that is inflicted onto children in their early childhood years growing up, the harmful effects of which are lasting throughout their lives. This kind of psychological harm caused these children, seem similar in ways to the physical deformities caused by the ancient barbaric practice of “foot binding.” As stated above, at the same time, this little piece of truth completely blows the cover off using gay priests as the scapegoat for Benedict XVI and the hierarchy’s criminal negligence failing to protect defenseless children. It is difficult to understand why Benedict XVI and the hierarchy are unable to clearly define in great detail their reasoning for so forcefully maintaining that homosexuality is evil, their opposition to Marriage Equality or why they chose to ignore all the scientific data relating to sexual orientation and gender identity. Nor is it understandable why Benedict XVI immediately after becoming pope, April 2005, he removed all the scientists that Pope John Paul II had put on all the committees in the Vatican, so as not to separate science from religion. Read more
“Someday, maybe, there will exist a well-informed, well considered and yet fervent public conviction that the most deadly of all possible sins is the mutilation of a child’s spirit.” Erik Erikson
…whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6