Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Promises, Promises by Burt Bacharach

Promises, promises
I'm all through with promises, promises now
I don't know how I got the nerve to walk out
If I shout, remember I feel free
Now I can look at myself and be proud
I'm laughing out loud

Oh, promises, promises
This is where those promises, promises end
I don't pretend that what was wrong can be right
Every night I sleep now, no more lies
Things that I promised myself fell apart
But I found my heart

Oh, promises, their kind of promises
can just destroy a life
Oh, promises, those kind of
promises take all the joy from life
Oh, promises, promises, my kind of promises
Can lead to joy and hope and love
Yes, love!!

Every night I sleep now, no more lies
Things that I promised myself fell apart
But I found my heart

Oh, promises, their kind of promises
can just destroy a life
Oh, promises, those kind of promises
take all the joy from life
Oh, promises, promises, my kind of promises
Can lead to joy and hope and love
Yes, love!!
Lyrics  



Pope promises "action" on sexual abuse crisis - Reuters
Pope promises action against clerical sex abuse - The Associated Press
Pope Promises Action On AbuseNPR
Pope Promises Action on Scandal, Crisis Moves to DC - Politics Daily
Benedict promises action on clerical sex abuse - Baltimore Sun
Pope Benedict XVI promises 'action' on abuse by priests - BBC News
Pope promises action on abuse scandal - CNN
Pope promises action on abuse - Radio New Zealand
Pope promises 'church action' against clerical sex abuse’ - Globe and Mail
Pope Promises to Confront Sexual Abuse Crisis’ - New York Times
Pope meets abuse victims, promises justice - Indian Express
Pope promises action against clerical sex abuse‎  - West Central Tribune
Pope Promises Church Will Bring Abusers to Justice‎ - Voice of America
Pope promises 'action' over abuse‎ - The Press Association
Pope meets abuse victims, promises justice‎ Washington Post
Pope Benedict Promises 'Church Action' on Sex Abuse - San Francisco Chronicle
Pope Promises Church Action on Clerical Sexual Abuse - Vatican Radio
Pope Promises Action on Abuse - Wall Street Journal
Pope Benedict promises action on sexual abuse scandal - Radio Australia News
Pope Benedict Promises 'Church Action' on Sex Abuse - BusinessWeek
Sex abuse scandal: Pope Benedict promises action on sex abuse by priests - Orlando Sentinel

Dionne Warwick
30,710
Mother told me always to follow the golden rule.
And she said it's really a sin to be mean and cruel.
So remember if you're untrue
Angels up in heaven are looking at you. 
(Chorus)
You'll never get to heaven if you break my heart.
so be very careful not to make us part.
You won't get to heaven if you break my heart. . .Oh no

I've been hearin' rumors about how you play around.
Though I don't believe what I hear, still it gets me down.
If you ever should say goodbye
It would be so awful the angels would cry. 
(Chorus) 
I can hardly wait for the day when we say I do.
It's a day I dreamed of so long now it's comin' true.
You will promise to cherish me.
If you break your promise the angels will see.

You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
Burt Bacharach


Protect children and the entire world will be safe.




“Someday, maybe, there will exist a well-informed, well considered and yet fervent public conviction that the most deadly of all possible sins is the mutilation of a child’s spirit.” Erik Erikson


Important note: No disrespect meant to Pope Benedict XVI or the hierarchy, the one and only concern is the safety and well-being of children. Kids are being hurt!!!

No comments: