Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Easter! *** Sad Easter! - Benedict XVI - Cover-ups – Defense Orchestration – Kids Are Being Hurt!!!

I have been receiving reports from visitors to the Thalamus Center about problems opening links. Please email me if you are experiencing any problems. Thank you, MSK



Hi,  Great to hear from you!  Happy Easter to you too!

I am doing much better.  That is because I finally have found out what has been going on with me for the last 13 years, since I came out during Holy Week March 1997 to protect children. Parishioners supportive of gay priest, March 29, 1997, The Grand Rapids Press – read more

“Coming out” Holy Week 1997

I wrote a post on the Thalamus Center  – a project that I started – explaining in a letter that I wrote to a colleague that it was not the insurance companies (billings for clients) that was my problem for my financial situation.  I explain that - “My problems began March 1997 - when I decided to come out to protect children who grow up gay. As the truth surrounding Benedict XVI child sexual abuse cover-ups began to unravel with the release of the Irish child sexual abuse investigation, December 2009 - his calculated systematic approach in handling the cover-ups and punishing any priest who broke the silence - helps to explain my situation. The above is all documented.

Dr. (another colleague) likened my situation to the 1944 movie “Gaslight” (causing a person to believe she is sick when she is not) growing up believing that homosexuality is evil, when it is not, like believing that it is the sun that revolves around the earth, when it does not (Galileo). My situation in the priesthood has a close resemblance to “The Firm” 1993 (surprised discovering that he is working for crooks). And then my “coming out” in March 1997 to protect children reminds me of the movie “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” 1975 (calling a halt to inhuman treatment) however, minus any criminal misconduct on my part. After my “coming out” the mistreatment by then  Ratzinger, Hurly, Maida and accomplices (read moreseems like a mixture of  Enemy of the State” 1998 (attacking a person’s reputation to destroy his credibility), “The Firm” 1993, “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest” 1975, and later in 2008 & 2009, a bit of the Martha Mitchell EffectUnbelievable!

After, I came out to protect children 1997 - I was ordered by then Cardinal Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) to be sent away to be reeducated regarding sexual orientation, to subject myself to conversion, reparative therapy, not a lobotomy but close. I refused to consent to this inhuman treatment for the obvious clinical research data. And because I did so in retaliation I lost my regular priest salary, my earned sabbatical terms and my status for any future assignments in my Diocese of Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It is clearly an extreme form of discrimination against me because of my sexual orientation, however, it borders closer to a crime of hate.  And even though I am an upstanding citizen of the USA with no criminal record of any kind, I am not protected under any USA civil laws. The same is true for the children who grow up gay are not protected by any USA civil laws   from the harmful influence of the Vatican's unsubstantiated antigay teachings the effects of which last throughout their lives.” Photo 

You can read more - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The Global Magnitude of Benedict XVI’s Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups
and Related Harmful Activities
The Domino Effect

As the magnitude of Benedict XVI’s child sexual abuse cover-ups is continually being revealed, we are stunned beyond belief how children were not protected and the life-time of pain and suffering that it caused to them, because of this criminal neglect. How could this have ever happened? On a smaller scale but equally criminal, which will be hard to believe that is unknown to the public for decades – Benedict XVI would punish any priest who threatened to expose their child sexual abuse cover-ups.  However, these facts are coming out as more investigations by governments are being undertaken, like in the Ireland’s Child Abuse Investigation Report that came out in December 2009 and previously before in 2006.  There are telltale signs that Benedict XVI is not above destroying people’s reputations that he wants removed, as indicated with his recent connections of supplying false documents for sole purpose of smearing a Catholic editor’s reputation of a homosexual scandal that he wanted to removed. It is feared that as investigations continue they will exposed even more similar criminal situations led by Ratzinger and then as Benedict XVI. What I believe is happening - is the domino effect; one domino flips over and then another and another and another – with no end in sight. What Benedict XVI and as Cardinal Ratzinger along with his accomplices have been doing has been going on for likely well over some 30 years. Photo 

This is not the kind of news to read on Easter, I know and I apologize for doing so.  However, for me I came out during Holy Week 1997 and it seems that my Good Friday lasted for 13 years because of what had been revealed in investigation reports about Benedict XVI (Ratzinger) regarding his calculated and systematic approach of punishing and removing any unwanted opposition.  It is unbelievable this would be happening to me. How could I be a threat to anyone in particular to Benedict XVI and some members of the the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church? I thought we joined the priesthood to continually work at helping to make this a better world for everyone. I could only be a threat to them if they are not interested in helping make this a better world for everyone, especially for children.
Book Burning & The Dark Ages & Benedict XVI 

While I was a pastor, I was studying psychology at the University of Michigan; I asked, Professor Scott Paris (developmental psychology) if he enjoyed teaching. Without hesitation he answered confidently with enthusiasm  “Why wouldn’t I?  You are always learning, always growing.” I too without hesitation answered him back, however, with a questioning feeling of  dismay “Yea, I thought that priesthood was going to be that way, too.” It is sad to say that some of the most brilliant minds in the Catholic Church have been over some 30 years silenced by then Cardinal Ratzinger and removed in almost secrecy without notice or remorse and we have all suffered because of this great lost.  Looking back there is this strange frightening eerie feeling of flashbacks to the “book burning” days of Hitler. Then startled by the realization of having experienced the reality of the saying “Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Over those years it seems like we have slowly been reentering the Dark Ages. Photo 

Child Sexual Abuse Cases – Tip of the Iceberg?


It is frightening to think that Benedict XVI’s child sexual abuse cover-ups may just be the tip of the iceberg, as the dominos continue to fall backwards. The domino effect has begun to happen to me, as well, regarding unknown attacks on my reputation over the course of several years. At first when your reputation is being attack, you’re not aware that it is happening. Only a subtle awareness takes hold of you when unexpected and unexplainable situations happen that somehow you end up seemly being blackballed or excluded in ways socially. If you tend to be publically well-received and liked by people in general for well over some 40 years, being exclude once or twice though quite unpleasant is not too disturbing. This is especially true if you tend to get absorbed in your work, as I have been all my life. You only begin to notice that something might be wrong when these situations begin to add up over time (Gaslight, 1944). However, even then, a person would tend not to consider anything is wrong and consider it to just being paranoid.  It is the consistency, regularity and the kind of rejection that occurs that it is the inconsistencies that catches your attention, and of course the definite and recorded factual slip-ups that reveal your reputation is being attacked. That is when you finally come to the realization that – “It’s not paranoia if they’re really after you” (Enemy of the State) and you call for outside help. Ratzinger, Hurley, Maida & Accomplices - Kids Are Being Hurt!!!  read more

The First Domino – Falls Backwards

One of the first dominos to fall backwards is when I has told by several people a rumor that was going around about me and given the name of the person who started it.  It was in words to this effect “I heard that the Grand Rapids Diocese gave you 5 years to get on your feet – to leave the priesthood – so you should not be having any financial problems.” The people who told me this, knew my situation and were more concerned than I was.  They knew the truth that I have never intended to leave the priesthood.  I came out to draw attention to a severe implicit form of child abuse caused by the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings. It was my commitment of being a priest that was the prime reason I came out in the first place. Why would I leave? Some people could not understand that because I was a celibate priest – so why did I come out? That is because my "coming out" was not about me.  It was about protecting very young children who are defenseless to protect themselves.  This is a concept that is quite foreign to the Vatican, Benedict XVI, the hierarchy and apparently to a good number of people who are ignorant about human sexuality.  

Marriage Equality is essential to the future well-being of Children

I certainly did not come out to promote celibacy for all homosexuals, quite the contrary.  I came out to point out a more serious problem about the severe harm that is caused to a child in early childhood when it is conveyed to this child that this child is never to feel one with another human being ever in this child’s lifetime.  Now, please tell me, doesn’t anyone else see how barbaric, inhuman that this kind of treatment is to a child who grows up gay? Isn’t there something fundamentally wrong with that situation? Maybe I didn’t expect the general public to understand this – but I certainly expected the Vatican to understand. Because this is not rocket science – I read it in a book! I had no idea in March 1997 what was going on in the Vatican and how little they actually cared if, at all, about the safety and future well-being of children. The reality of Marriage Equality is essential to the future well-being of children growing up gay. Again, this is not rocket science even for the general public to learn! Benedict XVI, the hierarchy and some people just don’t get it.  It is not about celibacy or about me. It is about a small piece to truth about human sexuality, no different then with Galileo, who stated that it is the earth that revolves around the sun – even though the bible clearly states that the earth does not move. And because of this the Vatican condemned Galileo as a heretic for which Pope John Paul II apologized to Galileo nearly 400 years later. However keeping our heads continually in the sand about this small piece of truth regarding human sexuality is harming millions of children and  has a strong rippling effects that hurts us all, including future generations.   

Coming Out” Blows the Cover of Benedict XVI’s Cover-ups

Contrary to the child sexual abuse cases reported in the news media, Benedict XVI, and the hierarchy’s decades of negligence in caring for children – a top priority for most priests and maybe especially true of gay priests is the protection of children. So, why are Ratzinger, Hurley, Maida and their accomplices attacking me?

I came out 1997 to draw attention to the severe lifetime psychological harm being done to children in early childhood who grows up gay being subjected to the influence of the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings. I did not realize that at the same time my coming out to protect children – I would also blow the cover for Benedict XVI and the hierarchy regarding their child sexual abuse cover-ups, which were going on secretly for decades. They were attempting to shift the blame for their negligence in failing to protect children under their care onto the issue of homosexuality. Parishioners supportive of gay priest, March 29, 1997, The Grand Rapids Press – read more

Sexual Orientation & The Age of Reason

The crucial point about the reality of sexual orientation is that it begins long before what the Vatican defines as the “age of reason” of a CHILD.  Therefore, homosexuality cannot be considered evil, as something that is freely and willfully chosen intending to do evil, but instead it is a normal natural part of human development. The proven fact is that long before a CHILD reaches this “age of reason” a child’s only intent is to love and be loved – the process of the development of human bonding – as God meant it to be.  Any harmful disruption in a child’s natural development stages of human bonding, like any other form of child abuse it will have lifelong harmful effects. Photo Nasa

“Null and Void” - Vatican’s Unsubstantiated Antigay Teachings

This little piece of truth, a fact of human nature, like with Galileo, completely renders the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings “null and void.” Instead it reveals them as barbaric and inhuman treatment, a severe form of implicit child abuse that is inflicted onto children in their early childhood years growing up, the  harmful effects of which are lasting throughout their lives.  This kind of  psychological harm caused these children, seem similar in ways to the physical deformities caused by the ancient barbaric practice offoot binding.”  As stated above, at the same time, this little piece of truth completely blows the cover off using gay priests as the scapegoat for Benedict XVI and the hierarchy’s criminal negligence failing to protect defenseless children.  It is difficult to understand why Benedict XVI and the hierarchy are unable to clearly define in great detail their reasoning for so forcefully maintaining that homosexuality is evil, their opposition to Marriage Equality or why they chose to ignore all the scientific data relating to sexual orientation and gender identity. Nor is it understandable why Benedict XVI immediately after becoming pope, April 2005, he removed all the scientists that Pope John Paul II had put on all the committees in the Vatican, so as not to separate science from religion.  
My Biggest Sin

My biggest sin was that I always wanted to keep learning. I thought it was quite important being a priest and a pastor. Even if it meant commuting to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor from Sparta, Michigan, a 300 mile around trip (approx) twice a week to study psychology while still being a full time pastor of Holy Family Parish.  I spent all my free time to be able to study at the University of Michigan and for this I was removed? However, the pedophiles get to stay in? Something is very wrong with this picture! I guess I should regard my being removed (June 2006) by Benedict XVI (not defrocked) as a vindication that I do not fit in with their criminal behavior (The Firm, 1993). It is, as if God removed me from harm’s way. However, Benedict XVI’s attacks against my reputation (Enemy of the State, 1998) have been continuous though cloaked in secrecy (Gaslight, 1944), as investigations are now revealing for many others beside me. And now once exposed, backtracking will reveal many more to Benedict XVI’s discredit along with his hierarchy and their accomplices, as is happening along with the continuous forthcoming of child abuse victims globally, which seems endless. Photo

Why Attack a Priest’s Reputation? – To Destroy His Credibility

Why would Benedict want to attack my reputation? First, because by   “coming out” I was drawing attention to the fact that sexual orientation is established in a child, long before the “age of reason” set by the Vatican and therefore renders the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings “null and void.” Second, because I was drawing attention to the severe implicit psychological lifetime harm that is caused to children in their early childhood developmental years by being subjected to the influence of the Vatican’s unsubstantiated antigay teachings. Thirdly, which I only realized in the last few months of 2009 that by “coming out” 1997 for the above stated reasons completely blows Benedict XVI’s cover of being able to use homosexuality as cause of the child sexual abuse cases. It exposes his negligence in protecting children under his care and his massive orchestration for decades of cover-ups, along the some of the hierarchy and their accomplices.  Therefore, it is understandable that Benedict XVI (Ratzinger), Hurley, Maida and their accomplices would have no scruples to systematically and in a calculated manner over time attack a priest’s reputation in order to destroy his credibility, because he is perceived as a significant threat exposing their major criminal activities.  This would be especially true if the priest was known to be well-liked by many congregations on both sides of the State of Michigan, among his fellow priests and his colleagues in the psychological profession. I had no idea in March 1997 of the scope and magnitude of the criminal activities being covered-up by Benedict XVI and many of the hierarchy.  RC hierarchy child sexual abuse “cover-ups” ordered by Benedict XVI to avoid public outrage & criminal charges - falsely accused gay priests WATERGATE? – read more

Benedict XVI’s Silence
and
Silent Global Orchestration of Defense

Though Benedict XVI has not been publicly vocal about the sexual abuse cover-up cases. It appears he has been working steadily behind the scenes, systematically orchestrating a very calculated line of defense that is being played out by some of the members of the hierarchy and other accomplices. Because his strategic plans seem to bare his distinctive fingerprints.

First, by declaring that he (Benedict XVI) is being attacked regarding the part he played in the covering-up of the sexual abuse cases that the news media who globally have been reporting on this - is a vicious well formed conspiracy directed against him, as the pope. The news media reporters and journalists I do not believe huddle together globally to set out a strategic plan to attack on the pope.  Certainly not to the degree in the same way that the Roman Catholic hierarchy is able to globally huddle together with their leader the pope and workout line of defense.

The news media reporters and journalists are reporting on an unbelievable number of horrific crimes of child abuse globally that were ignored and even worst that they were covered up, by threats, intimidation or pay offs - ordered by Benedict XVI.  There is no need to devise a vicious plot against the pope.  The truth about what has happened is devious beyond belief, unprecedented to this magnitude, unconscionable. It seems what is happening by Benedict XVI portraying that it is a vicious calculated plot against him as the pope is more likely a projection outward onto nameless others of the thoughts within Benedict XVI’s own mind (Forbidden Planet, 1956). In actuality, what appears to be happening is an extremely brilliant, strategic, systematic and calculated plan that was designed long ago, carried out and is now coming home to roost - globally. Beginning as far back as 30 years ago, Benedict XVI likely never conceived of the explosion of the strength and scope of modern global communication capabilities. And that Christ‘s words of warning would come true in ways none us thought possible 30 years ago – “What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofsLuke 12:3” Photo Nasa 

The similarities that can be heard among the many of the news media reporters and journalists globally, regarding the revelations of the child sexual abuse cover-ups,  I believe, is a nature collective human response of shock, feeling helpless, even traumatized to a degree and being overwhelmed, which is followed by anger.

I do not know a lot about, Sinead O'Connor, but I read a news article about her thoughts about the child sexual abuse and cover-ups of Benedict XVI and the hierarchy. She was quite clear about what should be done – but she added – something else that surprised me.  She stated at the end that she would be willing to help Benedict XVI and the hierarchy to cross a narrow bridge to help mend the situation. Maybe I am completely wrong, but I truly believe she meant it, it wasn’t hate, I thought is sounded more like compassion. Then she added she loved God and being Catholic but she did not like seeing what was happening to her Church. I found something healing in her statement even a sense of hope.

I have read many news articles and was quite surprised by many, in an unexpected good way.  I know one LGBT reporter who even stated that it would be so easy to bash the Catholic Church, but wrote that nothing would be achieved by doing so - least of all to the victims of this child sexual abuse by clergy and religious. I marveled at a seasoned author/journalist who was able to clearly state the facts objectively, which I found an extraordinary piece of writing.  I am nowhere near anything to that degree in writing. I found his work soothing in a way though he did not shy away from brutal reality and horrific pain of those who suffer. Photo

Another – author surprised me – stating being totally lost as how to resolve this child sexual abuse crisis of the Vatican’s, which I believe many of us can identify with his feelings. Then this author like out of the mouths of babes clearly stated the direction that must be followed that was so simple, clear and yet at the very core of what it means to be a true Christian.  I believe that chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany had a similar sense of clarity regarding as what needs to be done without adding any more shame or pain than is already present.  Chancellor Merkel confidently addressed the situation with intelligence, her obvious though understated strong background of experience, backed by oversight a way to amend the wrongs, ease the pain and to see that steps are taken to prevent any such occurrence of ever happening to children, again. 

In many of the news reporters, journalists, and authors that I have read – I felt the same sense feeling that I felt during the time after hurricane Katrina that hit New Orleans, in the USA, 2005. Most expressed an unending frustration and a sense of anger that a sufficient amount of help that they know is possible here in the USA - did not arrive sooner, to these victims, if at all for others. “These are our fellow Americans and it more then disturbing, we do not like seeing them treated so poorly.” At that time, I remember one reporter stating that this was a wake up call for us all regarding our leadership in the USA that we citizens must pay closer attention and learn about what is going on in our government.  I think the same is true for us in the Catholic Church and our close friends – we cannot allow this type of inhuman treatment to continue against our children and the victims of child sexual abuse. With the lack of response by the Benedict XVI and most of the hierarchy to the collective global outcry that the victims need to be compensated and the need for assurance that children will be protect in the future, we can plainly see what chances any victim of child sexual abuse had alone facing these men. It feels as bad as Katrina and in ways even worst – whatever – it has an overwhelming feeling that is horrifically unpleasant and very hard to put into words.  Photo 

Always my best to you, Marty 

Parishioners supportive of gay priest, March 29, 1997, The Grand Rapids Press – read more


Martha Mitchell Effect -> “Martha's  hysteria then was overt, but despite a certain amount of public skepticism, it turned out that her cries about official skulduggery had a solid basis in fact.”
May 21, 1973 – TIME – read more

Ignorance about human sexuality is harmful to children.

Someday, maybe, there will exist a well-informed, well considered and yet fervent public conviction that the most deadly of all possible sins is the mutilation of a child’s spirit.” Erik Erikson

Kids Are Being Hurt!!!

…whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6

Related Links:




RC hierarchy child sexual abuse “cover-ups” ordered by Benedict XVI to avoid public outrage & criminal charges - falsely accused gay priests WATERGATE? – read more

Ratzinger, Hurley, Maida & Accomplices - Kids Are Being Hurt!!! (Sequential Order of Reactions) – read more


Ignorance About Human Sexuality Is Harmful To Children

The Science Of Sexual Orientation - 60 Minutes – 2006 - CBS News - Read more – video clip

Sexual Attraction and Orientation – Kids Health – read more

Transgender Children – read more

SEX, LIES, & GENDER – The Story of the Intersex Soldier - Explorer / National Geographic Channel – read more



Dr. Caitlin Ryan - Family Acceptance Project™ - Reducing Risk and Promoting Well-Being for LGBT Youth: The Critical Role of Family Support – Read more

Sexual orientation is less about sex and more about love, being one with another human being. Attachment Theory - LOVE and RELIGION – read more

Continuum of Human Sexuality - The Kinsey Scale – read more

Marriage Equality -> Restores “Hope of Love” To Children In Early Childhood – read more

Protect children and the entire world will be safe.


Catholic Sex-Abuse Blame Game: The Devil Made Me Do It! – by Katie Paul – Newsweek.com – read more

The Catholic Church's Blind Spot? – by Katha Pollitt – CBSNEWS – read more

It's The Gays' Fault - The Daily Dish - By Andrew Sullivan - The Atlantic – read more

The Catholic Church Sex Scandal Is Not a "Homosexual" Problem - by Michael A. Jones –read more

How Benedict Should Handle the Abuse Scandal – by By JEFF ISRAELY / ROME – TIME –read more

E. J. Dionne: Church's worldly weakness - Philadelphia Inquirer – read more

Catholic sex abuse scandals: Three key cases facing Pope Benedict – by Jason Walsh – CSMonitor.com – read more

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation – read more

Galileo & Benedict XVI & Homosexuality & Natural Law – read more

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest – read more

Kids Are Being Hurt!!!

…whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6


Someday, maybe, there will exist a well-informed, well considered and yet fervent public conviction that the most deadly of all possible sins is the mutilation of a child’s spirit.” Erik Erikson

No comments: