Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pope Francis - DON’T CALL IT LOVE! – Unless - Acts decisively on - SYSTEMIC COVERUPS - Child Sexual Abuse Cases - by Vatican’s CURIA & CARDINALS & BISHOPS – “LOVE does not rejoice in WRONGDOING, but rejoices in the TRUTH”

Victims' groups cool to Pope Francis's first comments on abuse scandal – April 5, 2013

Pope Francis says he will act ‘with determination’ against sex abuse cases in church – April 5, 2013

Dolan and Cordileone: Please don’t call it love – April 5, 2013


1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.


How Pope Francis can reform the Vatican Curia – March 25, 2013

…the papacy is operating like the absolute monarchies of the 17th century where the monarch held the legislative, executive and judicial powers. Modern governments recognize the need for a separation of powers. Agencies like the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith should not make the rules, and then act as police, prosecutor, judge, jury and executor in dealing with theologians. This is not due process in the modern sense.

The role of the synod of bishops also needs to be strengthened in providing input on policy and supervision of the Curia. No political theory today would leave everything to the executive without a role for a legislature…
Read more:



Gay Catholic Priest Charged by the Vatican for “Coming Out” March 1997 - For the Protection of Children – 15 years later – February 10, 2013


How Benedict XVI – silenced many like Archbishop Hunthausen
- as head of doctrinal congregation
– Conflict in the Catholic Hierarchy: by Timothy Peter Schilling – April 3, 2013



Controversial former Seattle archbishop celebrates 50-year anniversary as bishop – August 30, 2012










                 






Pope Francis includes women and Muslims for first time in Holy Thursday service - LGBT hope? --- The Courage to Come Out – Gay Marriage Acceptance – March 29, 2013
      
Pope Francis' gestures strike fire in our hearts – 3 29 13

      
      
      
      
      
      
      
      
      
      
      

Ricky Martin Comes Out: "I'm A Fortunate Homosexual Man" – March 29, 2010


      
      
      

Pope Francis includes women and Muslims for first time in Holy Thursday service - LGBT hope? --- The Courage to Come Out – Gay Marriage Acceptance – March 29, 2013
 


 

No comments: