Winds of 60 to 80+ mph Reported
- Wind gusts of 60 to 80+ mph have been reported in several coastal locations from Massachusetts to coastal New Jersey and coastal Maryland. Wind gusts have topped 60 mph in Boston and New York City.
- The National Weather Service has issued a statement indicating that damaging wind gusts of 70 to 90 mph are possible in the New York City metro area, Long Island and southern Connecticut through 8 pm EDT Monday.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today directed the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to close New York City bridges at 7:00 PM today due to high winds.
- Downed trees, powerlines and other wind-related damage has been reported in Mass., Conn., R.I., eastern N.Y., N.J., Vt. and N.H.
- Widespread downed trees, powerlines and power outages will continue through Monday night and early Tuesday. Some structural damage is also possible in areas with winds gusting above 70 mph. With stronger winds just above the ground, some high-rise buildings may have windows blown out.
Read more updates:Photo - Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi