John Quincy Adams
- Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
- Papa Francisco
- Pope Francis - Criticizes ‘Narcissistic’ leaders of Catholic church – 10/1/13
- Pope Francis - A Big Heart Open to God – exclusive interview – 9/19/13
- Gay Catholic Priest (3a) - Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - Appealing his case – to Pope Francis - 8/15/13
- “The fact is that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, that my friends, that is true perversion!” Harvey Milk
- Pope Francis - criticized the church obsessed putting dogma before LOVE - over serving the poor and marginalized – 9/19/13
- (1) Pope Francis - … GOSSIP – “...how many times our COMMUNITIES, even our FAMILIES have become a hell in which we CRIMINALLY KILL our brother with words”. – 9/2/13
- (3) Cardinal Bertone - "Boffo method" CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS – defamation of character, falsifying legal document – Calling Boffo a "known homosexual" was a fake – 6/1/12
- Pope Francis: Jesus has for every Christian - a promise, request and mission - all linked to prayer – 9/5/13
- Benedict XVI & Bertone - 'obstructed' sex abuse inquiry – 4/24/05
- President Obama - “Let Freedom Ring" - 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington – 8/28/13
- “I Have a Dream” - Martin Luther King, Jr. Address at the March on Washington, D.C. August 28, 1963
- Pope Francis epitomizes a true ‘Servant Leader,’ led by his desire to bring hope, equality and opportunity to those who have little, and to role model the mercy, love, compassion and courage of the Man whose church he leads… Margie Warrell – 8/28/13
- Pope Francis called for action - forming Vatican Conference of experts - to combat Human Trafficking & modern forms of Slavery – 8/23/13
- More on: Pope Francis Human Trafficking Conference
- A Revolution Underway with Pope Francis - Accountability, Whistle-blowers, Political Center, Break Monopoly, Collecting his own Information and Making his own Decisions… - 8/5/13
- Pope Francis & Gay Priests - Vatican resignation Bishop Bakot - staunch opposition to gays - 8/7/13
- Pope Francis - “wielded his formidable bully pulpit” - Never before had a pope spoken out in defense of gay priests in the Catholic ministry - 7/29/13
- Benedict XVI - “Impending Rules on Gay Priests Create Catholic Divide” - Fr Marty Kurylowicz - October 8, 2005
- Gay Catholic Priest - Appealing his case – Fr. Marty Kurylowicz – to Pope Francis – July 28, 2013
- Pope Francis – Reveals Vatican’s Corruption – 6/13/13
- Gay Catholic Priest – Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - Charged by the Vatican for “Coming Out” March 1997 - For the Protection of Children – 15 years later & President Obama’s letter of appreciation - July 2012 - Letter 5/1/13
- Pope Francis & the Mafia - 5/26/13
- J.K. ROWLING – Harvard University – “The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination” – 6/5/08
- STRUCTURAL VIOLENCE and CHILDREN --- “Don’t Make WAVES” --- Benedict XVI and Curia’s Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups and Gay Obsession - 5/15/13
- Pope Francis made WAVES - New Pluralism - 5/29/13
- Pope Francis - 1st Global Pope - Inclusiveness - Atheists "precious allies" - Sharp Contrast from Past - 5/29/13
- Pope Francis calls for global economic reform - 5/28/13
- Biden & Obama Protecting HUMAN RIGHTS - TYRANNY in Religion - Pope Francis Seeks Reform – 5/14/13
- Pope Francis - Blasts "Cult of Money" That TYRANNIZES Poor - 5/16/13
- Ricky Martin apoya derechos LGBT en Puerto Rico - 14 may 2013
- SEXUAL ORIENTATION and LOVE
- Childhood and Early Homosexual Identity
- 3 Psychological Facts About Growing Up Gay
- Fr. Marty Kurylowicz "Coming out" story --- Alive!
- Coming Out 1997 - Protecting Children
- DO I REJECT MY GAY BROTHER? - Bishop Gumbleton PBS 1999 - 5/28/13
- Fr. Marty Kurylowicz - LGBT Rights Begins with Children - 5/10/13
- Gay 1990s - Pope John Paul II and Homosexuals - 4/26/13
- Gay Marriage Hurts No One!!! - UK PM David Cameron - Importance of Families |The Lack of Love & Support of Children is ‘DAMAGE to Family’ - i.e. BENEDICT XVI --- 30 years of GLOBAL Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups | Profile - SOCIOPATHS - 1/2/13
- GROUPTHINK & Benedict XVI/Curia - 30 yrs
- Dangerous Homosexual Repression - Hoover and Benedict XVI - 12/5/12
- Auschwitz -- Christmas 2008
- Benedict XVI’s Gay Obsession
- Sexual Repression and Pornography - Vatican's Ongoing Gay Sex Scandals - 3/17/13
- GAY MARRIAGE - 8 Part series
- Obama - ‘Changed Everything‘ Supporting Gay Marriage - 5/9/13 | Thank you, Mr. President and Mr. Vice President !!!
- Benedict XVI, Cardinals & Bishops Child Sexual Abuse Cover-ups - 30 years
- THALAMUS CENTER – Previous Posted - News Media Links & Research Topics – January 2012 – October 5, 2013.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Obama Gay Marriage Endorsement Is 'Political Bravery'- RACHEL MADDOW (VIDEO) & Obama Lets Go Of Fear – “…I think of all the GAY KIDS out there who now know they have their president on their side…” By ANDREW SULLIVAN - NPR – May 9 & 10, 2012
Obama Gay Marriage Endorsement Is 'Political Bravery' – By Rachel Maddow - (VIDEO) – 5/10/12
Rachel Maddow reacted to President Obama endorsing same-sex marriage, calling Wednesday a "historic day in civil rights in this country."
On her MSNBC show Wednesday night, Maddow said it was "icing" on Obama's previous record on gay rights. During her Thursday morning appearance on NBC's "Today" show, Maddow called Obama's endorsement "political bravery" as she was unclear what the electoral impact will be... Read/watch more:
Obama declaration "icing on the cake" of gay rights legacy - The Rachel Maddow Show (May 9th, 2012)
Video: Photo twitter.com/maddow
…expanding federal benefits for the same-sex partners of people who work in the executive branch.
…signing the Hate Crimes Act into law.
…clearing the way for hospital visitation rights for same-sex couples…
… It`s expanding the census, even, to make sure that people in same-sex relationships get counted.
…directing U.S. agencies who work with foreign countries to ensure that our humanitarian and diplomatic efforts abroad take into accounts the rights of gay and lesbian people in those other countries.
…supporting states that are trying to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples…
…refusing to defend… the Defense of Marriage Act.
If you are in favor of gay rights, the Barack Obama administration has been great on the issue of gay rights…
…ultimately, what presidents do is they wield political power. And even before today [publically supporting gay marriage], that legacy of the first term of the Barack Obama presidency was already clear.
Today, he added to that...
…he took this extra step today...something extra…This was above and beyond.
And it is not without risk. And now having said these words publicly that no president has ever said before, now we get to see how this changes the country.
Read complete transcript:
…The interview changes no laws; it has no tangible effect. But it reaffirms for me the integrity of this man we are immensely lucky to have in the White House. Obama's journey on this has been like that of many other Americans, when faced with the actual reality of gay lives and gay relationships… Read more: Photo
President Obama's Emancipation Proclamation – 9/22/12 |First U.S. President to come out in support of same-sex marriage
…By becoming the first U.S. President to come out in support of same-sex marriage, President Obama has boldly illuminated bone-deep and often ugly differences of opinion dividing Americans, and exposed them to open civil discussion. Comparisons to Abraham Lincoln and his stand on slavery a century and a half ago are ample and inescapable.
Both men, from all accounts pensive by nature, apparently agonized over the slow, difficult conclusions they came to -- decisions overdue to many and rash to others, unwelcome to an unyielding third constituency and inconsequential only to a benumbed, indifferent fourth. President Obama described his position as "evolving" toward espousing same-sex marriage, while allowing, "I've always been adamant that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly and equally." Lincoln stated his decision was part of a "personal wish that all men everywhere could be free."…
Ray Errol Fox is an Oscar-nominated documentarian and journalist/writer. He regularly posts on his on his wide-ranging blog, SON OF THE CUCUMBER KING.
Jacopo della Quercia is a history writer researching the Lincoln and Taft presidencies for an upcoming book.
Read complete article:
President Barack Obama's acceptance speech on Thursday night drew the largest television audience of this year's political conventions and ranked as the biggest political moment ever on social media site Twitter – 9/07/12
Transcript: President Obama's Convention Speech – 9/06/12
Amistad Africans – Supreme Court Trial 1841 - President John Quincy Adam Addresses the Supreme Court
…The truth, in truth, has been driven from this case like a slave, flogged from court to court, wretched and destitute…
"There has never existed a civilized society in which one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another. As far back as one chooses to look -- to ancient times, to biblical times -- history bears this out. In Eden, where only two were created, even there one was pronounced subordinate to the other. Slavery has always been with us and is neither sinful nor immoral. Rather, as war and antagonism are the natural states of man, so, too, slavery, as natural as it is inevitable."
Now, gentlemen, I must say I differ with the keen minds of the South, and with our president, who apparently shares their views, offering that the natural state of mankind is instead -- and I know this is a controversial idea -- is freedom. Is freedom. And the proof is the length to which a man, woman, or child will go to regain it, once taken. He will break loose his chains, He will decimate his enemies. He will try and try and try against all odds, against all prejudices, to get home.
… Yet, if the South is right, what are we to do with that embarrassing, annoying document, "The Declaration of Independence?" What of its conceits? "All men...created equal," "inalienable rights," "life," "liberty," and so on and so forth? What on earth are we to do with this? Photo
…James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, John Adams: We've long resisted asking you for guidance. Perhaps we have feared in doing so we might acknowledge that our individuality which we so, so revere is not entirely our own. Perhaps we've feared an appeal to you might be taken for weakness. But, we've come to understand, finally, that this is not so. We understand now, we've been made to understand, and to embrace the understanding that who we are is who we were.
We desperately need your strength and wisdom to triumph over our fears, our prejudices, our-selves. Give us the courage to do what is right. And if it means civil war, then let it come. And when it does, may it be, finally, the last battle of the American Revolution. Photo
That's all I have to say,[Patrick Henry, American Revolution “GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH”]
John Quincy Adams
John Quincy Adams
AMISTAD - 1997 movie, Spielberg
"We can't afford to have
two kinds of citizens,
We must have
equal citizenship for anybody in our country."