Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Madonna goes 'on a rampage' on Ellen's show – November 9, 2010 – USATODAY.com


Madonna pops in -- via satellite -- on The Ellen DeGeneres Show today. The topic: bullying.

"I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying," says Madonna, adding that she felt like she had to say something. "The gay community has been incredibly supportive of me. I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the gay community."

Madonna said she "can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a child, as a teenager. I have to say I never felt like I fit in in school. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't an intellectual. There was no group that I felt a part of. I just felt like a weirdo."

Her gay ballet teacher took her under his wing and introduced her to a "community of artists of other unique individuals who told me it was good and OK to be different, and brought me to my first gay disco, and ironically made me feel I was part of the world and it was OK to be different."
Read more:

Madonna Talks LGBT Teen Suicide and Bullying on 'Ellen': Video - by Tracy E. Gilchris, November 9. 2010 – SheWired.com

400,000 Anti-gay marriage DVDs - $1 million Nienstedt - Minnesota October 29, 2010 - RELIGION & ETHICS PBS – video



No comments: